Friday 2 October 2009

Lime mortar and granite

I think this is such a great texture that I decided to include a separate image of it - almost abstract in its beauty.




Our friends just down the road have been working very hard repointing their stonework. Having consulted English Heritage about the correct mortar mix (and obtained a grant to help with the cost), they have now completed phase 1; the repointing. Phase 2 will be the replacement of all the casement windows with solid oak frames (presumably in the same style).“Charmed magic casements, opening on the foam of perilous seas, in faery lands forlorn” - Ode to a Nightingale (Keats)


I hope they don't have to change the stained glass window that was the inspiration for my first effort (above). I couldn't find my copy of the photo I took of the original window. It must be on my other computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment