Friday 23 April 2010

Signs and portents


At last, we have our change of name. It's only taken since last October. The only thing is, we now have to renumber the houses as well, so everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, has to be told. It's a case of "We're not moving...but this is our new address."


While I'm on the subject of signs, the Baptist chapel has a brand new sign (I think these are sometimes called 'wayside pulpits' but I'm not a great one for pulpits - unless it's me doing the preaching).


Anyway, they have decided to celebrate the new sign with the worst pun they could think of.


Yes, I know I've written on this subject before http://livingvillage.blogspot.com/2009/01/non-conformism-and-bad-puns.html but I rather think this one is so strained, it insults the reader. (And it's meaningless).

No comments:

Post a Comment