Friday 21 January 2011

Hypnosis: Week 2

Sheila Granger, Hypnotherapist
Earlier this week, I drove up to Beverley again for a second session with the hypnotherapist, Sheila Granger. I'm going to have good memories of theis course of treatement because the weather has been fine and the scenery on the way up is glorious.

Molescroft Surgery
The start of the programme has been very successful; I have shed about 13 pounds and am visibly slimmer (not just my opinion). I've listened regularly twice a day to the reinforcement CD (I don't know if that's whet Sheila would call it) and have eaten much less at each meal - 3 small meals per day without feeling hungry.

I've not, as the CD suggests, had a craving for water, though I am drinking more, and I know I need to get more exercise but Molly the spaniel is unwell and reluctant to go for long walks so the incentive is low.

This week, we had another 'live' session where Sheila sought to reinforce some of the suggestions. She asked me (under hypnosis) to imagine all the fat in my body taken out and placed in a bucket, then she asked me to imagine painting the fat onto crisps and onto chocolate, two things I said I liked (though to be honest, I haven't touched them since we began the hypnotherapy). It sounds revolting and was, in fact much more graphic than my brief few words above. Whether it will work in the longer term remains to be seen.

I now have to continue to lose weight, having had the early boost of a significant loss. This will be longer and less steep so I have to keep faith. Then, of course, I have to sustain it for the foreseeable future. Wish me luck!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment